Pupsik baby pouches are all made from stretchable cotton sateen that is soft and comfortable to use. Our stylish pouches come in 4 different sizes to suit the person using the pouch. The same size can be used on the same baby from birth till toddler (professionally tested up to 20kg). You will be changing the carry position of baby in the pouch (from a cradle carry to sitting position) to suit him as he grows.
Finding your pouch size
The pouch is sized to fit you, and not the baby, so the same size can be used for when baby is born up to 20kg. Our compact design means there is no need for further adjustments with messy rings or excess fabrics. Most people can wear 2 different sizes depending on whether they prefer a tighter of looser fit.
Please use the below sizing chart to verify your size.
If you are a bra cup size D or larger, we recommend that you choose a size up. If you are pregnant, choose a size based on your pre-pregnancy weight.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you are not sure what size to choose.
If you find that you would like to make an exchange after trying out your pouch, please refer to our exchange policy here.
Do note that the recommended size is just a suggestion as most people can wear 2 different sizes depending on whether they prefer a tighter of looser fit.
Although a baby pouch is a safe way to carry your baby, please take all the same precautions that you would if you were holding him in your arms and exercise common sense. Here are some suggestions:
- Always check the seams and fabric for any wear and tear before using.
- Always ensure that baby is resting securely within the fold of the pouch before letting go.
- Always make sure that baby’s face is visible and there is no fabric covering his/her face when inside the pouch. If your baby seems too small for the pouch and there seems to be a lot of fabric over his face, you can try placing a receiving blanket under baby’s upper back to prop him up to the semi inclined position (approx 45 degrees angle to the horizontal) in the pouch.
- Always check that baby’s chin is not pressed against his/her chest when placed in the cradle carry position as this may restrict airflow. Baby should be lying back in a natural inclined position (approx 45 degrees angle to the horizontal) similar to the position he would be if being cradled in your arms. You should be able to put 2 fingers under baby’s chin.
- While a sling is safe to carry newborn babies, we recommend that you start using the sling only when your baby is above 3.5kg.
- Always support your baby when leaning or bending over.
- Practice wearing your baby in a pouch on a soft surface, such as a bed, when he/she is in a good mood.
Exercise common sense caution at all times when wearing your baby as you are ultimately responsible for his/her safety. Pupsik Studio and any of its distributers/retailers will not be responsible for any accidents that may occur from improper use of the pouch
As parents ourselves, Pupsik Studio is commited to producing pouches that are safe to use. We use one of the strongest threads in the market to sew our carriers and the seams have been tested by a professional body and certified strong enough to carry weights of up to 20kg. We hope that with the proper knowledge of selecting and using a good quality pouch sling, you will be able to reap the benefits of babywearing like many parents and babies have.
BENEFITS OF BABYWEARING
Studies have shown that babies who are worn in a soft baby carrier are calmer, more content and cry less. With the ability to explore the world close to you, they learn better and grow up happier and more confident. Click here to see how some animals nurture their infants in pouches from birth to ensure they are equipped with the best to survive on their own!
PROMOTES BONDING – Carrying your baby is a great way to connect with her. Your baby is “right there” to enjoy whenever you feel like hugging, kissing or talking.
ADAPT TO WORLD – By being so close to you and hearing your familiar heartbeat, breathing, voice and warmth, your newborn is able to adapt to life outside the womb much more quickly.
CALMS - Walking around and putting your arms round your baby in a pouch helps soothe fussy babies.
STIMULATES - Babies stay longer in a “quiet, alert state” when carried. This is the ideal state for learning. Rather than just seeing the world from their cribs or pram, wearing your baby allows him to see what you see and explore the world in your safe arms.
BREASTFEEDING - Breastfeeding in a pouch not only preserves your modesty, it also gives your tired arms a break and allows you to chat on the phone or surf the web.
MULTI-TASK - With your baby in a pouch, yours hands are freed up to do other things, like preparing meals, cleaning and caring for your other children.
GET A LIFE - Carrying your baby in a pouch while out shopping or running errands couldn’t be any easier. Definitely beats the hassle of carrying that heavy car seat or stroller. Just pop your baby in your pouch and go!